Enduring recognition for excellence and innovation in Stomal Therapy practice at a national and international level. Our four values are quality, respect, commitment and innovation.
- To represent Stomal Therapy Nurses as a professional body;
- To promote, develop and maintain optimum professional standards in relation to Stomal Therapy Nursing;
- To promote Stomal Therapy Nursing practice to assist in the care of persons requiring stoma, wound or continence management;
- To promote public knowledge and awareness of Stomal Therapy Nursing and the role of the AASTN and its Members;
- To promote and support independent or collaborative education and research programmes related to Stomal Therapy Nursing; and
- To promote professional communication through publications, meetings and educational forums.